:In recent years, more and more organizations have transitioned their operations, partially or fully, to a virtual setting where employees work from home and teams are geographically dispersed and collaborate online. Some organizations have found successful ways to fulfill their mission while others have struggled and have moved back to a more traditional approach.
Regardless of the experience and attitude toward remote work, we now live in unprecedented times where most work has to be done virtually and many organizations are scrambling to redesign their entire operational model and move their work online. This has to be done quickly, the transition could be rather bumpy and staff are left scrambling to adjust to this new environment.
Our “Working Remotely” workshop addresses these challenges in a variety of ways. We start with the basics, identify the most common challenges with this new way of work, and offer practical ideas and solutions that will help individuals and teams make the right adjustments and start working better together right away.
We focus on three key areas:
- Practicing self-care: we have to start with ourselves, build our emotional resilience and practice self-care.
- Working from home: we have to establish new habits and routines, and get used to our new home-office environment, with all of possible challenges and opportunities.
- Connecting with our team and larger organization: we have to come up with different ways to communicate with and relate to our co-workers and strengthen our connection to the organization as a whole.
Presenters: Zarko Palankov, Founder, LeadIN
Fields of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Amount of Recommended CPE: 1.5 hours
Type of Delivery Method: Group-Internet
- Identify simple ways to practice self-care
- Establish necessary habits and routines for home-based work
- Explore how to stay connected with colleagues and to the larger organization
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: NONE.