The Power of a Strong Online Presence and How It Can Position You For Your Next Professional Goal
In an interactive setting, we’ll discuss the importance of controlling your online presence.
We’ll touch on:
I. Changing the Mindset
– Why it’s important to build and maintain a strong online presence?
– What is the downside and what is the upside?
II. Improving the Skillset
– How to start building an online presence
– What is relevant and what’s not
III. Providing the Toolbox
– Available online tools to build and control your online presence
– Tips & Tactics
At the end of the session, the attendees will know how to take control of their online presence.
In 2002, I started my company, CoolBrands, where I did Storytelling for Brands. I traveled around the world, looking for brands with a purpose.
I interviewed hundreds of CEOs and CMOs until I realized… almost 90% of people I’m talking to are men.
Why are there so few women at this level?
I looked into the matter and found several reasons why:
1. When given an award – men hang it on the wall… women put it in their drawer.
2. Women think they are still in school. Getting straight A’s isn’t enough in a working environment.
3. We’re socialized in such a way, that when men are successful… we look up to them. Successful women are being looked at with disapproval.
Based on these insights, I decided to spend time on helping women in leadership, to better position themselves. In order to achieve their next business, personal or social goal.
At the end of the day, 50% of the world population is women, so it’s not more than logical that women have an equal seat at the table.
And… there is an overwhelming amount of research that shows that companies with women in leadership are better performing.
In 2002 I started a storytelling expedition ‘Around the World in 80 Brands’… meeting ‘people with a vision’ and ‘brands with a purpose’. I traveled around the world several times, interviewed over 800 brand owners and published 16 books with a selection of the best stories.
Now, based in New York, I help professionals, companies, and organizations craft their story. Away from top-down communication towards a horizontal tone of voice.
Why storytelling? Stories are easy to understand, easy to remember and easy to transmit.
We live in a reputation economy where Google has become the new background check. Potential clients, partners, and investors will Google you before connecting.
Creating a meaningful story will give us the opportunity to engage with our audience without talking about a service or product.
In this time of information overload, people do not need more information… they need a story they can relate to.