Online meetings are challenging because of the difficulty of gauging non-verbal reactions and tendency for people to multi-task. Problems that are endemic to in-person meetings, such as lack of direction, someone taking up too much “airspace,” etc., are often compounded in online meetings.
We believe that putting a little thought into online meeting design and facilitation can have a huge payoff, not only in improving the decisions and outcomes from a meeting, but also in creating a happier organization where people are engaged and productive. The seminar will cover:
- Basic principles of online meeting design and facilitation that can be applied to different platforms
- Tips for addressing some common meeting pitfalls such as “Death by Powerpoint” and other problematic behaviors in meetings.
Participants can expect:
- To learn the basics of online meeting design and facilitation, and receive a Happy Online Meetings Checklist that they can apply immediately to all their meetings
- To learn about some of the common meeting pitfalls and how to address them
- To experience what an engaging meeting looks and feels like
The seminar will be facilitated in an experiential format using Zoom, where participants have an opportunity to experience some interactive tools and techniques. Please note that, while the seminar will be conducted on the Zoom platform, it is NOT an instructional seminar on Zoom or other technologies.
NOTE: Meeting login details will be provided in a separate email.
Presenter: Nami Ishihara, Founder, HappyTeams
Fields of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Amount of Recommended CPE: 1.5 hours
Type of Delivery Method: Group-Internet
- Learn the basics of online meeting design and facilitation
- Learn about some of the common meeting pitfalls and how to address them
- Experience what an engaging meeting looks and feels like
Program Level: Basic
Advanced preparation: NONE.