Explore tools for executive succession and transition, presented in a confidential environment.
Are you thinking about leaving your chief executive position within the next 1-5 years?
Exclusively for nonprofit chief executives, Raffa – Marcum’s Next Steps Workshop offers a safe and confidential space to explore best practices in organizational sustainability, leadership succession, and chief executive transition.
Our two-day workshop focuses on you, your legacy, and how to prepare yourself, your organization, your staff, and your board for your eventual departure. These “tough-to-talk-about” topics are skillfully guided by national experts who have helped more than 500 executives – with tenures ranging from 5 to 35 years – ensure that their hard work and missions endure.
Next Steps features:
- Three Vital Tools:
- Organizational Sustainability Planning
- Leadership Succession Planning
- Executive Transition Management
- Two Focus Areas:
- Preparing Yourself
- Preparing Your Organization
- Roles – Discussion of executive, board, and staff roles.
- Communications – Advice on the who, how, and when.
- Small Groups working with experts and peers.
- A Post-Workshop Coaching Call with a facilitator.
You’ll leave Next Steps with:
- Clarity about where you are – personally, professionally and organizationally – with succession and transition and what’s next for you beyond transition.
- A High-Level Action Plan for transition, capacity building, and sustainability.
- Tools & Guides you can tailor to your needs.
- A Rich Understanding of what will be required of yourself, your organization, and your board.
- Your Concerns Addressed by hearing from peers who have successfully transitioned.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Comprehensive workbook
- 30-minute coaching session
Next Step Workshop Testimonials
“Attend! It’s well worth your time! This is coming from a President who has avoided most workshops.”
Mike Smith, The Washington Circle
“The workshop absolutely crystallized for me what has been rattling around in my brain regarding my transition and next steps. The support from facilitators and peers was invaluable. I left with a clear vision of my next steps.”
Karen Sacks, Volunteer Lawyers for Justice (NJ)
“It is better to seek this assistance early in your process for the best success of your organization and for you personally. Timing and planning are everything.”
Jill Strachan, Capital Arts Workshop
“Very helpful not only in planning a transition but even more important in strengthening your organization overall. Safe space to explore difficult issues.”
Cecilia Zalkind, Advocates for Children of New Jersey