The seminar will provide attendees with knowledge regarding the college planning process and what can be done to help reduce the overall cost of college.
Presenters: Jim Van Eperen, Raffa Financial Services
Fields of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Amount of Recommended CPE: 1 hour
Type of Delivery Method: Group-Live
- The ins and outs of the financial aid process: How it works and what parents need to know to get the most free money
- Why starting NOW is so important!
- How “high” income families can receive financial
- The “behind the scenes” methods colleges use to select students and award funding
- Why some private schools cost less than state schools
- Critical deadlines to know when filing for financial aid
- Why it’s imperative to plan ahead in order to get the most out of the financial aid system
- Which assets are taken into consideration when the government calculates your “Expected Family Contribution”
- How to pick colleges that will give you the most generous financial aid package
Program Level: Basic
Advanced preparation: NONE