Every owner of a business will need to exit their firm. This presentation shows how an Employee Stock Ownership Plan can provide liquidity to selling shareholders in a tax-advantaged environment, all while providing a retirement plan for employees and creating a lasting legacy for selling shareholders.
- Understand the process of exiting your firm and what options are available to monetizing shareholder interests.
- Identify the pros and cons of an ESOP.
- Taking a deep dive into the ESOP benefits available to selling shareholders, employees, and the company.
- Understand the tax incentives of an ESOP plan.
- Indicate the mechanics of an ESOP transaction and how companies and selling shareholders enter into a transaction.
Patrice Radogna, Partner, Advisory Services, Marcum LLP
Chad Bell, Manager, Advisory Services, Marcum LLP