Becoming sensitive to and having awareness surrounding individuals in the workplace with disabilities can be challenging. Even if those in the workplace want to show respect and sensitivity to those with disabilities, sometimes it is difficult to navigate the challenges for everyone involved. We will examine some of these challenges. Participants will have the opportunity to have open conversations with individuals who are in the workforce and live with the challenges of being disabled. Our presenters will provide information that will eliminate the fear and discomfort due to lack of awareness that sometimes exist when working together.
This course is designed to help all employees:
- Become more aware of the appropriate ways to interact and respond to those with disabilities.
- Learn how to meet the needs of co-workers who have disabilities.
Presenters: Cherlyn Freeman-Watkins, Nai Damato and Shawn Calloway
Fields of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Amount of Recommended CPE: 2 hours
Type of Delivery Method:Group-Live
- An understanding and awareness of appropriate responses to people with disabilities in the workforce.
- An understanding of ways to meet the needs of people with disabilities,
- Learn how to approach people with disabilities that is both informed and respectful
- Understand the myths and Misconceptions
- Develop and understanding of appropriate and effective ways of interaction.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced preparation: NONE.