Unconscious biases are social stereotypes about certain groups of people that individuals form outside their conscious awareness. Whether we know it or not, an unconscious bias thrives in our society. We all bring unconscious biases into the workplace. These hidden biases can impact many areas of business, from impairing diversity and retention rates to promoting a disconnected culture. It also undermines recruiting efforts and can impact hiring and promotions. Therefore, it is important for employers to maintain policies that are supportive of equality. This course is designed to help all employees:
- Understand what unconscious bias is, where it comes from and what it looks like at work and,
- Understand what it matters and what makes them want to be a part of the solution.
The course will also provide the staff with the tools and skills so they can take action to change behaviors and interrupt unconscious biases. This training emphasizes building and maintaining a culture of success based on doing what is right, as opposed to a culture of mere compliance.
Presenters: Cherlyn Freeman-Watkins, Results One LLC
Fields of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Amount of Recommended CPE: 2 hours
Type of Delivery Method: Group-Live
- Understand what unconscious bias is
- Establish a foundational understanding of how bias affects an individual’s decision-making process
- Recognize unconscious bias within our interactions
- Become aware of what factors might be leading to unconscious bias
- Develop strategies to continue challenging bias in your every day
Advanced Preparation: NONE