Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP)An Update LIVE Webcast
In June 2014, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) modified its Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) and unveiled new Streamlined Filling Compliance Procedures (SFCP).
These changes provide new options for both U.S. residents and U.S. taxpayers residing overseas who need help with the U.S. tax obligations related to their offshore holdings.
In a two-hour LIVE Webcast, a seasoned panel of thought leaders and professionals assembled by The Knowledge Group will offer the audience an in-depth discussion of the legal issues and latest updates in offshore compliance. The speakers will also provide noteworthy insights on how to best comply with the updated OVDP and SFCP procedures.
Key topics include:
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) - An Overview
- Modifications to the OVDP Program
- The Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures
- Transitional Rules for OVDP Eligible Participants
- OVDP Closing Agreements
- Tax Relief for Qualified OVDP Participants
- Potential Civil and Criminal Penalties for Tax Reporting Failures
Lewis Kevelson, Partner, Marcum LLP